Lead and provide guidance to ensure economic soundness of private sector operations. Assist in providing quality assurance with respect to the identification, measuring and monitoring of development effectiveness of Private Sector Operations Department (PSOD) transactions. Provide support to PSOD project divisions in economic evaluation of projects. Represents PSOD, as appropriate, in consultations with other departments and with other multilateral development banks (MDBs) on development effectiveness. Work within general policies, principles and goals, working directly with clients.
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent, in Economics. University degree in Economics combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level.
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience in economic work related to sectors of relevance to PSOD as well as exposure to the full project cycle (i.e., programming, project processing to project administration)·
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- International experience working in development in several countries, preferably in Asia and the Pacific region.
- Supervisor: Director
- The following staff positions may be supervised by the incumbent:
- Administrative Staff
- National Staff
We encourage diversity in our workplace and support an inclusive work environment. Women are especially encouraged to apply.
Click here for more information.