With the integration of child marriage into Sustainable Development Goals1, the issue has gained global momentum and is a top corporate priority for both UNFPA and UNICEF, as reflected in their respective strategic plans and distinct but complementary mandates. Beginning in January 2014, the two agencies initiated an inception phase to develop a Global Programme on child marriage. Throughout the inception phase, UNFPA and UNICEF have agreed on the value of a harmonized global vision captured in a programmatic framework that allows for diversity and country-level adaptation. The programme approach and logic is articulated in the “Report of the Inception Phase of the UNFPA-UNICEF Global Programme to Accelerate Action to End Child Marriage.”
The initial phase of the UNFPA-UNICEF Global Programme is spanning from 1 January 2016 to 31 December 2019, with an indicative four-year budget (2016-2019) estimated at $246.7 million with contributions from Canada, the Netherlands, Italy, the United Kingdom and the European Commission.
Click here to view the terms of reference.
How to apply:
Interested individuals should send an Application Package clearly indicating the position being applied for:
- Team Leader – Evaluation Expert
- Team Member – Thematic Expert with Evaluation Experience
The Application Package should include the following:
- Cover letter, indicating why you are applying for the consultancy and how your qualifications match the ToR for the “UNFPA-UNICEF Global Programme to Accelerate Action to End Child Marriage: Evaluability Assessment”;
- Updated CV/Resume, and completed Personal history Profile (P11); a blank P11 can be found at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc ;
- A sample report of a similar exercise/subject or an evaluation report, with a clear indication of the applicant’s contribution in the report; (hyperlinks to the document are preferred);
- Availability and daily fee;
The application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org , no later than close of business on 17 February 2017.
Candidates should also indicate in the email subject the consultancy they are applying for, as follows:
Email Subject: Application for UNFPA-UNICEF Global Programme to Accelerate Action to End Child Marriage: Evaluability Assessment – Team Leader;
Email Subject: Application for UNFPA-UNICEF Global Programme to Accelerate Action to End