This evaluation will be carried out by a qualified evaluation team with advanced knowledge and experience in evaluation (proven track record of evaluations), development cooperation, public health and HIV/AIDS programmes. The evaluation team will be assembled by the bidding firm.
The evaluation will focus on effectiveness and impact of the programme. The evaluation will investigate specific areas under the four programme outcomes highlighted below. The fifth objective focuses on management and accountability which is cross-cutting across the four programme outcomes. The evaluator will work in collaboration with UNAIDS RST ESA to formulate the specific evaluation questions under each evaluation objective.
1. HIV is maintained on the political, development and health agendas and key global, regional and national HIV commitments are implemented.
2. Countries’ planning, programming and decision making is based on high quality strategic information.
3. People who are left behind, (focusing on adolescents and young people, women, girls, sex workers, men who have sex with men, people who inject drugs, migrants) have equitable access to comprehensive HIV services.
4. Countries have sustainable resources for their HIV responses.
5. Management and accountability.
The evaluation will cover the implementation and results of the programme during the period June 2013 to December 2016.
For details on the activities and expected outcomes please refer to the attached RFP and to the UNAIDS eTendering website to register your interest to bid.
Deadline: 19-Sep-2016 17:00