TRAINING COURSE ON PREVENTION AND AWARENESS OF FGM
Type of Resource
- Understand the traditional beliefs of FGM and its consequences
- Acquire skills facilitating reaching out to communities to combat FGM
- To identify and to manage the physical, psychosocial, and sexual complications that is as of female genital mutilation.
- Identify problems and manage complication associated with FGM this includes; getting guidance on counseling, opening up a type III FGM, and management of other complications associated with FGM.
- Assessment of traditions supporting FGM
- FGM description and background
- FGM Complications
- FGM implications (Legal, professional, and ethical)
- Human rights and FGM
- Beliefs, values and attitudes
- Traditional beliefs, values and attitudes towards FGM
- FGM prevention by collaboration between individuals, families and communities
- Government strategies in preventing FGM
- Assessment to identify FGM physical complications
- Management of clients with physical complications of FGM
- Counseling of FGM victims
- Identifying psychosocial and sexual problems
- Psychosocial and sexual problems management
- Demonstrating referral skills
- Family planning and FGM
- The procedure of opening up type III FGM
- Assessment and management of women with complications due to FGM during pregnancy
- Obstetric complications due to FGM
- Assessment and management of women with FGM during labour and delivery
- Management of women with FGM during the postpartum period
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more:
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, NAIROBI KENYA.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to:
Developed by / Author
Start Date: 01/07/2019 End Date: 05/07/2019 for 5 days
Nurses, public health officers, community health extension workers, project officers working in communities that practices FGM
Like what you just read? Share it with others! Tweet this page