TRAINING COURSE ON EPIDEMIOLOGICAL DATA ANALYSIS USING STATA
Type of Resource
- Assess the opportunities and challenges in the use of technology to respond to disasters
- Integrating humanitarian approaches and development with technological strategies
- Learn to manage and operate software platforms and technological tools in disaster response
- Develop strategies to solve challenges during disasters using technological platforms
- Develop self awareness and confidence in the use of maps, mobile technologies and social media
- The Power of the Crowd: Digitizing the Response
- Information Overload: Verification, Analysis, and Decision Making in Real-Time
- How Case studies on the use of Social Media in Response to the Earthquake in Haiti, Nepal and Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines
- Tools: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tomnod, AIDR
- Tools collaborative Mapping in a crisis
- Distinguishing between Ushahidi and Open Street Map
- Maps for disaster response
- Damage mapping with Open Street Map (with examples from the Haiti, West Africa, Philippines and - hopefully - Nepal)
- Online Mapping without a Mobile Internet Connection
- Crowdsourcing Remote Mapping and Image Identification
- Tools: OpenStreetMap, Ushahidi, TomNod, FieldPapers
- ICT tools for tracing and restoring family links
- Field data collection using Mobile Devices
- SMS Campaigns for Early Warning and Crisis Prevention
- Smartphones and Apps for Disaster Response
- Using Secondary Data to Track Population Movements
- Tools: ODK, Kobo Toolkit, TextIt, Magpi, FrontlineSMS
- Roles of Drones play in Humanitarian Emergencies
- Utilization of the Web for De-Centralized Disaster Response
- The Responsibility to Protect Data - How NGOs can Protect Sensitive Information
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more:
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, Nairobi Kenya.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account org
Developed by / Author
Start Date: 01/07/2019 End Date: 05/07/2019 for 5 days
This course is beneficial too professional working in the management of disasters including decision makers, developing and planning officials, professionals in the housing, public works, , governmental officials, and NGOs committed to disaster management
Like what you just read? Share it with others! Tweet this page