MOBILE DATA COLLECTION USING ONA AND KOBO TOOLBOX
Type of Resource
- Understand ICT tools and methods to conduct data collection, statistical analysis and reporting
- Gather data for project/programme using innovative Mobile data gathering tools.
- Introducing KoBo Toolbox and Ona
- Question types
- Data types for each question.
- Questionnaire logic
- Introducing survey authoring
- Questions with Single/Multiple response
- Repeat questions
- Skip logic and patterns
- Group questions
- Referencing of data
- Cascading select
- Using KoBoToolbox for survey data hosting
- Using Ona for survey data hosting
- Account management and setting in KoBo toolbox
- Account management and setting in Ona
- Visualization and Analysis of data using KoBoToolbox
- Visualization and Analysis of data using Ona
- Notes and dates.
- Questions.with Multiple choice
- Multiple Language Support.
- Hints, metadata and more.
- Conditional Survey Branching.
- Required questions
- Constraining responses
- Skip: Asking Relevant questions
- The specify (other)
- Grouping questions.
- Skipping many questions at once (Skipping a section)
- Repeating a set of questions.
- Special formatting.
- Dynamic calculations.
- Survey Styling and formatting – Working with the appearance column.
- Working with media files.
- Cascading select
- External selects
- Installation and configuration of KoBo Collect
- Installation and configuration of ODK Collect.
- Downloading forms into the mobile devices.
- Using KoBo Collect and ODK Collect to collect data
- Introducing GIS
- Working with Spatial data (GPS Coordinates)
- Introducing the Fusion Table
- Exporting GPS Coordinates (Google maps) to Fusion tables
- Using QGIS to export data to Fusion tables
- Conversion of data to shape files
- Platform choice
- Platform choice discussion
- Integration of tools of Mobile Data Collection into projects.
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more:
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, NAIROBI KENYA.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: training@data-afriqueconsultan
Developed by / Author
Start Date: 01/07/2019 End Date: 05/07/2019 for 5 days
The course targets government representatives, project teams, NGOs, multi and bilateral development organizations, consultancies, etc, who work as M&E specialists, project managers, researchers and technical specialists.
Like what you just read? Share it with others! Tweet this page