Request for Proposal (RFP) for a Thematic Evaluation of Women’s Economic Empowerment Programming undertaken by UN Women NepalPosted on:
- Request for Proposal
- United Nations
- UN Women
Beneficiary country(ies): Nepal
Published on: 14-Mar-2019
Deadline on: 08-Apr-2019 10:00 (GMT 5.45) Kathmandu
The main purpose of this thematic evaluation is to contribute to enhancing UN Women Nepal’s approach to women’s economic empowerment and strengthening implementation of the 2018 - 2022 Strategic Note. The evaluation will generate knowledge and organizational learning on what works and doesn’t to advance gender equality through women’s economic empowerment and leadership. Thus, the findings will be used for strategic revisions and programmatic decisions. The evaluation will also support accountability to donors and partners for implementation and results of specific WEE projects.
The overall goal of the thematic evaluation is to assess the effectiveness and sustainability of UN Women Nepal’s WEE programmes. To achieve this goal, the formative evaluation will focus on the following specific objectives:
1. Assess the relevance of UN Women Nepal’s WEE approach to advancing gender equality in Nepal in the context of federalism and the 2015 Constitution;
2. Assess effectiveness and organizational efficiency in progress towards the achievement of results defined in the 2014-2017 and 2018-22 strategic plans;
3. Analyze how human rights approach and gender equality principles are integrated in WEE area of work.
4. Identify and validate lessons learned, good practice examples and innovations of work supported by UN Women Nepal;
5. Provide actionable recommendations with respect to UN Women’s WEE strategies and approaches.
For details, please click here.