31/May/2019, 9:59:00 PM Organizational Unit: Office of Evaluation, OED
Staff position Type of Requisition: Professional Project Grade Level: P-3.
Italy-Rome Duration: Fixed term: one year with possibility of extension Post Number: 2007278/2007279 CCOG Code: 1A02e
The length of appointment for internal FAO candidates will be established in accordance with applicable policies pertaining to the extension of appointments
• FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
• People with disabilities are protected from any type of discrimination during any stage of employment, including the recruitment phase
• All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
• The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The FAO Office of Evaluation (OED) anchors the evaluation function in the Organization. Evaluation at FAO provides results accountability to both member countries and the Director-General, giving more in-depth understanding and objective basis for their decision-making and oversight. Evaluation also contributes to corporate learning, feeding lessons into a robust feedback loop. Evaluation provides a sound basis for improvements in the Organization's programmes in terms of their relevance to countries, definition of objectives, their design and implementation. The Office also participates in system-wide evaluation initiatives, thereby contributing to assessments of development effectiveness by the UN system.
The Evaluation Officer reports to the Director, OED. Technical Focus
Programme and project evaluations. Key Results
The planning and conduct of evaluation assignments, thereby contributing to enhanced results-accountability to FAO stakeholders; as well as contributions to improved results-based management by the Organization, and the development of evaluation function and methodologies in OED. Key Functions
• Leads evaluations of programmes, programme components or clusters of projects;
• Composes and manages project evaluation teams;
• Prepares evaluation reports and related materials;
• Presents findings, conclusions and recommendations of evaluation reports to key stakeholders;
• Contributes to quality assurance process, quality controls and assists in quality enhancement of evaluations conducted by others;
• Keeps abreast of methodological developments in evaluation and contributes to the development of evaluation methodologies and tools;
• Liaises and collaborates with other units of the Organization with a view to promoting results-based evaluation culture and enhanced learning from evaluations;
• Liaises and collaborates with the evaluation units of other United Nations organizations as well as professional evaluation bodies;
• Performs other duties as required.
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications and language skills;
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile;
• Once your profile is completed, please apply and submit your application;
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided on your online profile;
• Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list;
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications;
• Incomplete applications will not be considered;
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered;
• Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date;
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
Click here to read the full job posting.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org